Improving jobs and services' quality in personal care and household services across Europe
The 4Quality! project is a European project seeking to contribute to the improvement of working conditions and of the quality of personal care and household services. It is co-funded by the European Union Programme for Employment and Social Solidarity (PROGRESS) programme and started in October 2014 for a duration of 18 months.
General aim of the project
Within the aim of contributing to the improvement of working conditions and of the quality of personal care and household services, the 4Quality! project intends to:
support a European dialogue on the quality of jobs and services in personal care and household services through a partnership representative of the variety of workers and services employers;
develop knowledge and look at how working conditions, quality of services for person-centred care, professional qualifications, quality of life for services users and workers, economic and financial crisis influence the quality of jobs and services in the personal care and household service
raise awareness among important stakeholders at the European and national levels, through a transnational network, on the issue of quality of jobs and services in these sectors;
contribute to the advancement of policies and legislation in the area of household and personal care services;
provide practical tools for household and personal care services local providers in order to improve quality of work and quality of services.
Specific objectives of the project
1. To establish an analytical grid to assess the current situation on qualifications, quality of jobs and services in household and personal care services in 11 EU Member States and establish criteria on trends for success and transferability of good practices.
2. To establish a mapping in these 11 countries based on the analytical grid (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Sweden, The Netherlands and the United Kingdom).
3. To identify good practices and define ways to transfer successful tools for improved services and working conditions.
4. To organize transnational meetings to discuss the issues and needs linked to the quality of jobs and services, across sub-groups of professions, across types of employers (private for profit, private not for profit, public) and across countries, strategically chosen for their public policies.
5. To establish recommendations for improvement for policy makers at local, national and European levels thanks to the policy oriented research works;
6. To exchange information, good practices and the results of the project.
Members of the consortium
3 Regional seminars will be organised during the project, with the aim of fostering discussions with pertinent stakeholders from three geographical areas. National representatives of employers and employees will be invited to exchange views on the quality of jobs, and to identify good practices that could be applied across the continent.
Regional Seminar 1 - Rome
On 6 May 2015, about 50 representatives of workers and service employers coming from Belgium, France, Italy and Spain gathered in Rome in order to discuss the quality of jobs and services in personal care and household services. Learn more.
Regional Seminar 2 – Brighton
Employees and employers representatives of the personal care and household services gathered in Brighton on 27 May 2015 to discuss the situation in four EU countries namely Finland, the Netherlands, Sweden and United-Kingdom. Learn more.
Regional Seminar 3 - Vienna
On 22 September, stakeholders will meet to examine and discuss the situation in Austria, the Czech Republic and Germany.
A general report as well as recommendations and a toolkit will be elaborated based on the results of these seminars. These outputs will be presented during a final conference to be held on the 23rd of March.
Project websitewww.forquality.eu :
The project is implemented by a European network of 9 partners able to structure a European stakeholder dialogue on quality of jobs and services.
Toolkit for better quality of jobs and services in the Personal Care and Household sectors published
6 April 2016
The For Quality! project has published a Toolkit with a selection of good practices among its partners, including projects developed within SSE membership. The toolkit aims to promote quality services and jobs in PHS sectors, as well as their transferability, among policy makers, PHS organisations and relevant stakeholders.
4Quality Project - Online the first Newsletter
3 February 2016
Recommendations to improve quality of jobs and services in personal and household services
29 February 2016